MORPHOS Peer Reviewed Journal Publications and/or Book Contributions
1. Johnson, B.D., Smith, J.M. (2005), Longshore current forcing by irregular waves, Journal of Geophysical Research 110, C06006, doi:10.1029/2004JC002336.
2. Kubatko, E.J., J.J. Westerink and C. Dawson. 2006. "hp Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for Advection Dominated Problems in Shallow Water Flow," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 196, 437-451.
3. Kobayashi, N., Agarwal, A., and Johnson, B.D. (2006), Longshore Current and Sediment Transport on Beaches, Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, ASCE, 133(4), 296-304.
4. Badulin, S.I., Babanin, A.V., Zakharov, V.E., and D. Resio, 2007: Weakly turbulent laws of wind-wave growth, J. Fluid Mech., 591, 339-378.
5. Long, C. and D. Resio, 2007. Wind wave spectral observations in Currituck Sound, North Carolina, J. Geophys Res., 112.
6. Korotkevich, A., A. Pushkarev, D. Resio, and V. Zakharov, 2007: Numerical Verification of the Hasselmann equation, in the book "Tsunami and Nonlinear Waves", Kundu, Anjan (Editor), Springer 2007, Approx. 325 p., 170 illus., Hardcover, ISBN: 978-3-540-71255-8.
7. Korotkevich, A., A. Pushkarev, D. Resio and V.E. Zakharov. 2007. Numerical Verification of the Weak Turbulent Model for Swell Evolution, accepted for publication in European Journal of Fluid Mechanics/B.
8. Kubatko and Westerink. 2007. "Exact Discontinuous Solutions of Exner's Bed Evolution Model: A Simple Theory for Sediment Bores" Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 133, No. 3, pp. 305-311,
9. Kubatko, Westerink, and Dawson, 2007. "Semi-discrete Discontinuous Galerkin Methods and Stage Exceeding Order Strong Stability Preserving Runge-Kutta Time Discretizations" Journal of Computational Physics, Volume 222 , Issue 2.
10. Zakharov, V., Korotkevich, A. Pushkarev and D. Resio. 2007. Coexistence of Weak and Strong Wave Turbulence in a Swell Propagation, accepted for publication in Phys.Rev.Letters.
11. Irish, J.L., Resio, D.T. and J. J. Ratcliff. 2008. "The Influence of Storm Size on Hurricane Surge, J. Phys. Oceanogr., DOI:10.1175/2008JPO3727.1
12. Kobayashi, N., Payo, A., and Johnson, B.D. 2008. Suspended Sand and Bedload Transport on Beaches, Handbook of Coastal and Ocean Engineering, World Scientific, Singapore (in press).
13. Kobayashi, N., Payo, A., and Johnson, B.D. 2008. "Suspended Sand and Bedload Transport on Beaches." Handbook of Coastal and Ocean Engineering, World Scientific, Singapore (in press).
14. Kubatko, E.J., C. Dawson, J.J. Westerink, "Time Step Restrictions for Runge-Kutta Discontinuous Galerkin Methods on Triangular Grids," Journal Computational Physics, Accepted for publication, 2008.
15. Resio, D.T. and W. Perrie. 2008. A two-scale approximation for nonlinear energy fluxes in a wind wave spectrum, accepted for publication in J. Phys. Oceanogr.
16. Resio, D.T. and J.J. Westerink. 2008. Hurricanes and the physics of surges, accepted for publication in Physics Today, Sep.
17. Resio, D.T. and Orelup, L. 2009. Climatic variations in hurricane characteristics and their potential effects on waves and surges in the Gulf of Mexico. J. Climate.
18. Shi, F. and Kirby, J. T. and Hanes, D., 2007, An efficient mode-splitting method for a curvilinear nearshore circulation model, Coastal Engineering, doi:10.1016/j.coastaleng.2007.05.009.
19. Hanson, J.L., B. Tracy, H. Tolman and R. Scott, 2009,
Pacific hindcast performance of three numerical wave models,
J. Atmos. Oceanic Technol., 26, pp. 1614-1633.
20. Wadman, H.M., McNinch, J.E. and Hanson, J.L., 2008, A morphological test bed for MORPHOS model development in the Outer Banks, North Carolina, USACE Survey Report, November 2007-May, 2008.
MORPHOS Refereed Conference Publications
1. Agarwal, A., Kobayashi, N., and Johnson, B.D. (2006), Longshore Suspended Sediment Transport in Surf and Swash Zones, Proceedings of the 29th Coastal Engineering Conference, World Scientific, Singapore, 2498-2510.
2. Dietrich, J.C., R.L. Kolar and J.J. Westerink, "Refinements in Continuous Galerkin Wetting and Drying Algorithms," Estuarine and Coastal Modeling, Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference, October 31- November 2, 2005, Charleston, SC, M. Spaulding et al. Eds., 2006.
3. Johnson, B. D. and Smith, J. (2006), Observations of Sand Transport in the Surf Zone, Proceedings of the 29th Coastal Engineering Conference, World Scientific, Singapore, 2485-2497.
4. Devaliere, E., J. Hanson, and R. Leuttich. 2007. Evaluation of Wave Model Performance in a North Carolina Test Bed, Proceedings 10th International Workshop on Wave Hindcasting and Forecasting and Coastal Hazard Symposium. http://www.waveworkshop.org/10thWaves/ProgramFrameset.htm. (PDF download)
5. Gencarelli, R., Johnson, B.D., Kobayashi, N., and Tomasicchio, G.R. 2007. Dune Erosion and Breaching, Proceedings of Coastal Structures 2007, Venice, Italy.
6. Hanson, J., D. Resio, and R. Wallace. 2007. MORPHOS: Advancing Coastal Processes Research and Modeling, Proceedings 10th International Workshop on Wave Hindcasting and Forecasting and Coastal Hazard Symposium. http://www.waveworkshop.org/10thWaves/ProgramFrameset.htm.
7. Johnson, B. D. (2007), Nearshore sediment entrainment under breaking waves, Proceedings 10th International Workshop on Wave Hindcasting and Forecasting and Coastal Hazard Symposium. http://www.waveworkshop.org/10thWaves/ProgramFrameset.htm.
8. Tracy, B., J. Hanson, E. Devaliere, S. Nicholini, and H. Tolman. 2007. Wind Seas and Swell Delineation for Numerical Wave Modeling, Proceedings 10th International Workshop on Wave Hindcasting and Forecasting and Coastal Hazard Symposium. http://www.waveworkshop.org/10thWaves/ProgramFrameset.htm.
9. Wamsley, Ty, John Atkinson, Mary A. Cialone, Alison S. Grzegorzewski, Kendra Dresback, Randy Kolar, and Joannes Westerink. 2007. Influence of Wetland Degradation on Surge. Proceedings, 10th International Workshop on Wave Hindcasting and Forecasting and Coastal Hazard Symposium. http://www.waveworkshop.org/10thWaves/ProgramFrameset.htm.
10. Shi, F., Johnson, B., and Kobayashi, N. (2008), 2DH Modeling of Waves, Currents and Sediment Transport at FRF during Hurricane Isabel, 2007 Ocean Sciences Meeting, American Geophysical Union.
11. Atkinson, J., Wamsley, T. Westerink, J., Cialone, M., Dietrich, C., Dresback, K., Kolar, R., Resio, D., Bender, C., Blanton, B., Bunya, S., de Jong, W., Ebersole, B., Grzegorzewski, A. Jensen, B., Pourtaheri, H., Ratcliff, J., Roberts, H., Smith J. 2008. "Hurricane Storm Surge and Wave Modeling in Southern Louisiana" Estuarine and Coastal Modeling, Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference, November 3-7, 2007, Newport RI, M. Spaulding et al. Eds., Accepted for publication.
12. Wadman, H.M., Hanson, J.L., McNinch, J.E., Devaliere, E., Forte, M.F., 2009, MORPHOS: Real-time morphology change test-bed development and model verification. (abs.) July 2009 USACE Infrastructure Systems Conference, Cleveland, OH.
13. Wadman, H.M., Hanson, J.L., McNinch, J.E., Brodie, K.L., Devaliere, E. and Forte, M.F., 2009, Morphology test bed and model evaluation. MORPHOS 2009 Annual Meeting, April 2009, Jacksonville, FL.
14. Wadman, H.M., Devaliere, E., Hanson, J.L. and McNinch, J.E., 2008, Coastal Morphology Toolbox (CMorph). MORPHOS Workshop, August 2008, University of Delaware.
MORPHOS Technical and Research Reports
1. Schmied, L., Kobayashi, N., Payo, A. and Puleo, J.A. (2006). "Cross-Shore Sediment Transport and Beach Profile Change." Research Report No. CACR-06-03, Center for Applied Coastal Research, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware.
2. Buck, M., Kobayashi, N., Payo, A. and Johnson, B.D. (2007). "Berm and Dune Erosion During a Storm." Research Report No. CACR-07-03, Center for Applied Coastal Research, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware.
3. Devaliere, E.M. and J.L. Hanson, 2009, IMEDS User Guide (PDF download)
, IMEDS User Guide (html)
4. Wadman, H.M. and Devaliere, E., 2008, Morphology toolbox user guide, USACE Project Report, November 2008